9/12/2011

Labor Day Weekend - It's over!

Good morning all. I hope your weekend was as nice as mine.
I spent last weekend on my couch, trying desperately to complete a novel in three days. It was an eye-opening experience to say the least!
I learned that an outline is an invaluable tool when trying to form a story around a very vague idea.
I learned that balancing writing and spending time with my family is very hard, even with a deadline.
And I learned that I want to be a writer. I want to quit my job, set up a home office, get up early, stay up late, and do nothing but write.
I had a few bumpy hours, but I knew in my heart that I could do it.
I knew I could do it because I have an incredible network of friends and family that offered support before, during, and after the designated 72 hours.
I am blessed with people all over my life that lift me up, and even knock me down when I need it.
People that tell me I'm great when I'm not feeling so great, and people that tell me I need to check myself, when I'm feeling overly-great.

So, for those of you that have asked, I should hear how my book fared in the contest sometime in mid-to late October (or mid to late Octopus, according to the auto correct on my Android phone.)

And, no, you can't read it yet. I only made it to the half-way point but I plan to complete it soon. If I win the contest, it will be published next fall. If I don't win, it will published as soon as I can find someone to print it. Or, I might self-publish and put it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

We'll see what happens. Thanks so much for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment